Friday 11 August 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Morning Glory, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1933 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Julian Oswald: British Admiral of the Fleet.
- Justin Connolly: Composer.
- Jerzy Grotowski: Polish director and producer (d. 1999).
- Tamás Vásáry: Hungarian pianist and conductor.
- Jerry Falwell: American pastor, promoter of TV evangelism and political lobbyist for the Moral Majority, Inc.
- Alain Carpentier: French physician, a cardiologist. He was the first surgeon in the world to successfully perform six open heart surgeries with the help of a robot controlled by a computer.
- Philippe Bouriez: French business executive, the founder of Cora and the honorary president of Louis Delhaize, 2009-2014. Both companies are based in Belgium and manage supermarkets and hypermarkets.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?