Wednesday 23 August 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Manfred Donike and Pete Wilson.
Dinner at Eight, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1933 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Manfred Donike: Chemist drug test pioneer.
- Pete Wilson: American politician, elected governor of the State of California in November 1990.
- Robert Curl: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Adolph Loos: Austrian architect, dies at 62.
- 1st TV boxing match - Archie Sexton and Laurie Raiteri in London
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?