Thursday 7 July 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hector Burba and Jeff Shaw.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Paperback Writer by The Beatles.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Torn Curtain, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1966 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Hector Burba: Dayton, Ohio -- Pitcher (Cin Reds).
- Jeff Shaw: Washington, Ohio -- Pitcher (Cin Reds).
- Gundula Krause: German folk violinist.
- Neil Tobin: American magician and psychic entertainer.
- Dave Burba: American pro baseball pitcher who was influenced by his uncle, Ray Hathaway, a pitcher for the Brooklyn Dodgers.
- Christina DeFalco: American fashion designer., she has her own shop in Boston, MA, where she features ready-to-wear fashion designs
- Jim Gaffigan: American comedian
- Carmelita Geraghty: Dies of heart attack at 65.
- A Warsaw Pact conference ends with a promise to support North Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Syndicate Of Sound - Little Girl
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Association - Along Comes Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?