Wednesday 13 July 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Torn Curtain, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1966 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Natalia Luis-Bassa: Venezuelan-English conductor and educator.
- Gil Birmingham: American actor.
- Gerald Levert: American R&B singer (d. 2006).
- Myong Hui: Choe in North Korea; gymnist (Olympic-1980).
- Richard Speck, murders 8 nurses in Chicago
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Association - Along Comes Mary
- Syndicate Of Sound - Little Girl
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?