Saturday 16 July 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hanky Panky by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Torn Curtain, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1966 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Bonnie Bright: Redondo Beach, California -- WPVA volleyballer.
- Chip Lohmiller: NFL kicker (NO Saints).
- Warren Sallenback: South Surrey, British Columbia -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Jyrki Lumme: Tampere, Finland -- NHL defenseman (Canucks, Finland Olympics - Bronze - 1998).
- Mikhail Tatarinov: Russian ice hockey player.
- Half a Sixpence closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 512 performances
- British Prime Minister Harold Wilson flies to Moscow to try to start peace negotiations about the Vietnam War (the Soviet government refutes his ideas).
- ''Gemini 10'' (John Young, Michael Collins) is launched. After docking with an Agena target vehicle, the astronauts then set a world altitude record of 474 miles (763nbspkm).
- The Hough Riots break out in Cleveland, Ohio, the city's first race riot.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Hungry
- The Association - Along Comes Mary
- Syndicate Of Sound - Little Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?