Sunday 3 July 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
The Sword of Doom, directed by Kihachi Okamoto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1966 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Moises Alou: American baseball player, a left fielder for the Houston Astros.
- Moisés Alou: American baseball player.
- Robin Burgener: Canadian programmer, inventor of 20Q.
- Sandra Lee: Chef.
- Brave pitcher Tony Cloninger, is 1st NL to hit 2 grand slams in a game
- Race riots in Omaha, Nebraska, USA.
- Rene Barrientos is elected president of Bolivia.
- North Vietnam declares general mobilization.
- American President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Freedom of Information Act, which goes into effect the following year.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?