Friday 7 March 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Jamieson and Sam Gash.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Everyday People by Sly & the Family Stone.
In UK (If Paradise Is) Half As Nice by Amen Corner was in the top 5 hits.
Charro!, directed by Charles Marquis Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sumorna jesen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1969 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Brian Jamieson: Livingston, New Jersey -- Rower (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Sam Gash: NFL running back (New England Patriots).
- Matt Blundin NFL quarterback (Kansas City Chiefs: Detroit Lions).
- Anne Marie Lauck in Rochester: New York, USA; marathon runner (Olympics-10th-1996).
- Anthony Davis: NFL linebacker (Kansas City Chiefs).
- Geoff Smith in Edmonton: Alberta, Canada; NHL defenseman (Florida Panthers).
- Shin Ae Ra: Korean actress and radio DJ
- François Koch: French board game designer, inventor of 'Caractère.'
- Joanne Presti: American homicide victim. She and her daughter Alyssa (data not known) were found dead in their Woburn, MA home at about 3:45 PM on January 7, 2004 by Presti’s parents. The victims had last been seen on the Sunday prior and may have been dead since then. Joanne Presti died from blows to the head and stab wounds and was found downstairs while her daughter had been fatally stabbed upstairs in her bedroom. Her toddler, Sean Pollak (born on July 23, 2001 at 8:05 AM EDT in Winchester, MA, rated AA, f
- Jaak Van Driessche: Belgian rowing champion who came in 8th in the coxless pair (duo without a helmsman), along with L. Goiris at the Atlanta Olympics, August 1996.
- Shin Ae-ra: South Korean actress
- Warrel Dane: American singer-songwriter (Nevermore and Sanctuary)
- Massimo Lotti: Italian footballer
- Hideki Noda: Japanese race car driver
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
- Smokey Robinson - Baby, Baby Don't Cry
- The Doors - Touch Me
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?