Tuesday 18 March 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Charro!, directed by Charles Marquis Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1969 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Antonella Guidelli: Italian singer in a group with her three siblings, Micol, Giovanni and Mirium, "Guidelli Cantanti.
- Michael Dumas NFL free safety (San Diego Chargers: Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Andy Cutting: English accordion player and composer (Blowzabella).
- Vassily Ivanchuk: Ukrainian chess player.
- J Shapiro: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Shaun Udal: English cricketer
- Sheila Taormina: 4X200m freestyle swimmer (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- J David Shapiro: American screenwriter, actor and director
- Barbara Bates: American actress and singer (d. 1969).
- Come Summer opens at Lunt Fontanne Theater NYC for 7 performances
- The United States begins secretly bombing the Sihanouk Trail in Cambodia, used by communist forces to infiltrate South Vietnam.
- Operation Breakfast, the secret bombing of Cambodia, begins.
- British paratroopers and Marines land on the island of Anguilla.
- A tall TV-mast at Emley Moor, UK, collapses due to ice build-up.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Classics IV - Traces
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?