Sunday 8 May 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Bride of the Monster, directed by Edward D. Wood Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1955 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Denys Bouliane: Canadian musician and composer and Professor of Composition at McGill University, he conducts the Contemporary Music Ensemble and organises the festivals Montréal Nouvelles-Musiques and MusiMars.
- Catherine Pizzi: American victim of domestic violence, killed by her husband who then committed suicide.
- Stephen Furst in Norfolk: Virginia, USA; actor (Animal House, Elliot - St Elsewhere).
- Bolivar Didalco: Venezuelan politician, and was Governor of Aragua State from 1995 to 2008.
- Stephen Furst: American actor and director.
- Mladen Markač: Croatian general
- Meles Zenawi: Ethiopian politician Prime Minister of Ethiopia (d. 2012)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?