Monday 8 January 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Blue Bird, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1940 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- François Richard: French Roman Catholic missionary, known as one of the "White Fathers" (Pères Blancs in French), named after their habit.
- Anthony Gaurdine: rocker (Little Anthony and Imperials - "Goin' Out of My Head").
- Mark Bretscher: English biologist and academic.
- Cristy Lane: United States -- Country / gospel singer.
- Little Anthony [Gourdine]: Rocker (Imperials).
- World War II: Britain introduces food rationing.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?