Saturday 8 May 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Three Coins in the Fountain, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1954 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Eben Gossage: American heir upon the death of his wealthy parents by the time he was 20.
- David Keith in Knoxville: Tennessee, USA; actor (Back Roads, Firestarter).
- Pat Meyers: LPGA golfer.
- Pam Arciero: American puppeteer and voice actress.
- David Keith: American actor and director.
- Asian Football Confederation (AFC) was formed in Manila, Philippines.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Happy Wanderer - Henri Rene & His Orchestra
- Crew-Cuts - Crazy 'Bout Ya Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?