Wednesday 8 October 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cliff Adams and Takis Koroneos.
The Flowers of St. Francis, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Married Joan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1952 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Cliff Adams: Rocker.
- Takis Koroneos: Greek basketball player and coach.
- Jan Marijnissen: Dutch journalist and politician.
- Edward Zwick: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Joe Adams: American baseball player and manager (d. 1952).
- 2 trains collide with a derailed commuter train, kills 112 (England)
- Chinese offensive in Korea
- The Harrow and Wealdstone rail crash kills 112 people.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 October 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?