Wednesday 8 October 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Flowers of St. Francis, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1952 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Cliff Adams: Rocker.
- Takis Koroneos: Greek basketball player and coach.
- Jan Marijnissen: Dutch journalist and politician.
- Edward Zwick: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Joe Adams: American baseball player and manager (d. 1952).
- 2 trains collide with a derailed commuter train, kills 112 (England)
- Chinese offensive in Korea
- The Harrow and Wealdstone rail crash kills 112 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 October 1952 and get them!