Thursday 16 October 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Boogie Mosson and Martha Smith.
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Encounter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1952 ?
- Boogie Mosson: American musician (P Funk).
- Martha Smith: American actress who plays a wisecracking agent on the TV series "Scarecrow & Mrs.
- Christopher Cox: American lawyer and politician.
- Cordell Mosson: American bass player (Parliament-Funkadelic) (d. 2013).
- Coşkun Sabah: Turkish singer.
- Ron Taylor: American actor and singer (d. 2002)
- Glenys Thornton: Baroness Thornton English politician
- ''Limelight'' opens in London writer/actor/director/producer Charlie Chaplin arrives by ocean liner in transit his re-entry permit to the USA is revoked by J. Edgar Hoover.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?