Monday 9 January 1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Satanas, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while If Winter Comes by A.S.M. Hutchinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1922 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Har G: Khorana India/Canada bio-chemist (Nobel Prize 1968).
- Har Khorana: Indian-American biochemist and academic Nobel laureate (d. 2011).
- Ahmed Touré: Guinean politician 1st President of Guinea (d. 1984).
- Ahmed Sekou Toure: President of Guinea (d. 1984).
- KQV-AM in Pittsburgh PA begins radio transmissions
- Rotterdam metal strike ends.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?