Saturday 9 March 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1968 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Youri Djorkaeff: French footballer, son of an international player (Jean Djorkaeff, with Russian-Polish origins) and born to an Armenian mother.
- Brian Heidik: American reality show contestant winner of Survivor: Thailand.
- Johnny Kelly: American drummer (Type O Negative Danzig A Pale Horse Named Death and Seventh Void).
- 10th Grammy Awards: "Up Up and Away", Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band win.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Classics IV - Spooky
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
- The Association - Everything That Touches You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?