Wednesday 13 March 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 13 March 1968 ?
- Christopher Collet: American actor.
- Akira Nogami: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Paolo Venturini: Italian athlete; he crossed all of Australia by bicycle from 2/21 to 3/26/1999.
- Christopher Collett in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Manhattan Project).
- Beatles release Lady Madonna in the UK
- The first Rotaract club is chartered in North Charlotte, North Carolina.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- The Monkees - Valleri
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- Sam & Dave - I Thank You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 March 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?