Tuesday 19 March 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Liam Jewell in Toronto and Tyrone Hill.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starparade.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1968 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Liam Jewell in Toronto: Ontario, Canada; kayaker (Olympics-1996).
- Tyrone Hill: American basketball player in the forward position with the Bucks.
- Eleonora Resta: Italian beauty queen, the winner of the Miss Italy title in 1985.
- Mots'eoa Senyane: Lesotho diplomat Lesotho High Commissioner to Canada.
- Howard University students seize administration building.
- March 23 ampndash Afrocentrism, Black power, Vietnam War: Students at Howard University in Washington, D.C., signal a new era of militant student activism on college campuses in the U.S. Students stage rallies, protests and a 5-day sit-in, laying siege to the administration building, shutting down the university in protest over its ROTC program and the Vietnam War, and demanding a more Afrocentric curriculum.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Monkees - Valleri
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Sam & Dave - I Thank You
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?