Sunday 10 March 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Felice Arena and Thio Li-ann.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starparade.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1968 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- Felice Arena: Australian children's author.
- Thio Li-ann: Singaporean law professor and NMP.
- Pavel Srníček: Czech footballer and coach (d. 2015).
- Ferry boat sinks in harbor of Wellington, New Zealand (200 killed).
- 11 ampndash Vietnam War: Battle of Lima Site 85, largest single ground combat loss of United States Air Force members (12) during the then-secret war later known as the Laotian Civil War.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 March 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- Classics IV - Spooky
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Association - Everything That Touches You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?