Wednesday 10 August 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
The Help, directed by Tate Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 10 August 2011 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 August
- The People's Republic of China's first aircraft carrier, the refitted Soviet aircraft carrier Varyag, commences its first sea trial under the Chinese flag. (Reuters)
- Korean Peninsula:
- The Yonhap news agency reports that sources have advised them that North Korea is plotting to assassinate Kim Kwan-jin, currently South Korea's defence minister. (Yonhap News)
- North and South Korea exchange artillery fire near Yeonpyeong Island. (Bloomberg)
- A US drone missile attack kills at least 18 people in Pakistan's North Waziristan district. (''Dawn'')
- The south ridge of Aoraki / Mount Cook, New Zealand's highest mountain, is renamed Hillary Ridge after Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to conquer Mount Everest. (Reuters)
- Stock markets in Asia and Australia continue to rebound after the United States Federal Reserve promises to keep interest rates near zero for two years. (CNBC)
- Australia's Civil Aviation Safety Authority gives Tiger Airways the all clear to resume operations after a six-week suspension for safety violations. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Australian crime figure Judy Moran is sentenced to 26 years in jail for her part in the murder of Des ampquotTuppenceampquot Moran in Melbourne with the actual murderer Geoffrey Armour also sentenced to 26 years. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- England riots:
- Rioting hits other English cities including Manchester, Salford, Liverpool, Nottingham and Birmingham, though London is largely quiet. (BBC)
- The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron, holds another cabinet meeting to discuss responses to the riots with police authorised to use water cannon and rubber bullets. (''The Guardian'')
- Police from Scotland are sent to England to help combat riots and disorder. (BBC)
- News International phone hacking scandal
- Former ''News of the World'' news editor Greg Miskiw is arrested, then later bailed as the investigation into phone-hacking continues. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?