Thursday 11 August 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
The Help, directed by Tate Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Girl Parts.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bag It! or Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 11 August 2011 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 August
- Karen Drambjan, a left-wing Estonian lawyer, storms the Defense Ministry in Tallinn and takes two hostages, but is killed when special police forces storm the building. (RT)
- At least five people including four police officers are killed after a bomb explodes near a police van in the Pakistani city of Peshawar. (BBC)
- August 2011 stock markets fall and rebound
- Stock markets in Asia and Australia fall on the back of a sharp decline in Wednesday's trading on the New York Stock Exchange. (MarketWatch)
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gains 423.37 points, the fourth-straight day U.S. stocks have changed by over 400 points. The market dropped on Monday and Wednesday, and registered increases Tuesday and today. (''Hartford Courant'')
- The City Council in the New Zealand city of Christchurch announces plans to rebuild its central business district after the recent earthquake. (TV New Zealand)
- Final approval is given for the building of 1,600 Israeli settler homes in ''disputed'' East Jerusalem by Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai despite a diplomatic rebuke Tuesday from the United States over earlier construction plans. (Toronto Globe and Mail)
- Umar Patek, a key suspect in the 2002 Bali bombings, faces trial on terrorism charges in Jakarta after being extradicted from Pakistan to Indonesia. (AP via News Limited)
- The Parliament of the United Kingdom comes back from its summer break to debate the 2011 England riots. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Philippine Senate Electoral Tribunal proclaims Aquilino Pimentel III as the winner of the 2007 election days after Juan Miguel Zubiri resigned due to alleged electoral fraud. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?