Saturday 10 July 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Inception, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 10 July 2010 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 July
- After more than a century in British collections, the head of Noongar leader Yagan is ceremonially buried on the 177th anniversary of his last full day of freedom. (The West-Yahoo!-7)
- After public outcry, gamemaker Blizzard Entertainment rescinds its plan to force users of its World of Warcraft online game to post under their real names. (BBC News)
- Gunman Raoul Moat shoots and kills himself after a 6-hour standoff with police, ending the largest manhunt in United Kingdom's recent history. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- A new bill is introduced in the Israeli Knesset that would force Haredi Jewish schools to teach core subjects such as mathematics, science, English, and civics, or lose state funding. (''Haaretz'')
- Between 1.1 and 1.5 million people, according to organisers, and 56000 demonstrators, according to spanish protesters-counting specialized company ''Lynce'', demonstrate in central Barcelona demanding greater autonomy for Catalonia within Spain. (AFP)
- A breakaway group from the National League for Democracy in Burma registers to participate in the general election later this year. (Al Jazeera)
- Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan makes a final campaign push on the eve of the country's Upper House election. (Channel NewsAsia)
- North Korea offers to return to the six-party talks over its nuclear weapons programme. (AP)
- Sri Lankan lawmaker Wimal Weerawansa ends his hunger strike against United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's decision to send a human rights panel to investigate war crimes to the country. (Xinhua)
- The leaders of North and South Sudan begin talks on a strategy to deal with the results of next year's referendum on independence for the latter. (AFP)
- BP is set to remove the containment cap over the destroyed Deepwater Horizon oil well in the Gulf of Mexico, and replace it with a bigger cap. Oil and gas will spew unrestricted from the well for an estimated four to seven days until the new cap is in place. (Al Jazeera)
- 2010 FIFA World Cup: Germany defeats Uruguay 3-2 to finish third. (BBC)
- UEFA President Michel Platini is released from hospital. (France24)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?