Friday 16 July 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Inception, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching After Hours.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 100 Rogues or Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 16 July 2010 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 July
- James Gammon: American actor (Born 1940).
- Federal Defence Minister John Faulkner rules out withdrawing Australian troops from Afghanistan, alleging it would undo nine years of hard work. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Six people are killed and 15 others are wounded during a bomb at a weekly market selling second-hand cars in Khyber. (News24.com)
- South Africa warned Ugandan intelligence services last October that it might be attacked like it was on Sunday evening. (''The Guardian'')
- The United States places U.S.-born Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki on its ampquotterror blacklistampquot. (Reuters)
- July 2010 Zahedan bombings
- The death toll from the suicide bombings in Zahedan, Iran, rises to 27. (AP via Google News)
- The United Nations Security Council condemns the bombings in the ampquotstrongest terms''. (Xinhua)
- The Bangladeshi government outlaws the works of Abul Ala Maududi. (BBC)
- Orlando Figes agrees to pay damages to Rachel Polonsky and Robert Service for fake book reviews he posted on Amazon.com. (BBC)
- President of Tajikistan Emomalii Rahmon's daughter Zarina Rahmonova presents the news on Channel One. (BBC)
- Singer P!nk is hospitalised without serious injury after falling out of a harness and colliding with a barricade during a concert in Nuremberg. (''USA Today'')
- American company Goldman Sachs pays a record $550 million (US) fine to settle civil fraud charges. (Aljazeera)
- Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen pledges the majority of his estimated $13.5 billion fortune to philanthropy after his death. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- A hotel fire in the northern Iraqi city of Sulaimaniya kills at least 29 people and injures another 21. (''Arab News'')
- Rwandan police arrest a business partner of opposition politician Andre Kagwa Rwisereka in connection with his recent murder. (BBC)
- An American judge sentences a former State Department worker to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole and his wife to 6¾ years for spying for Cuba for three decades. (Sky News)
- Philip Alston expresses concern at the rise in murders in Ecuador and the declining number of murderers being caught. (BBC)
- Three Chechens are charged by France in connection with a conspiracy to attack Russia another man is released. (BBC)
- Maria Jepsen, the world's first female Lutheran bishop, resigns due to her handling of an alleged case of sexual abuse. She is the third German bishop to resign in recent months. (BBC)
- 800 gambling dens are raided in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and China, (including Hong Kong and Macau) and 5,000 people arrested for illegal betting on the 2010 FIFA World Cup. (BBC News)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 July 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?