Sunday 11 April 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Story of the Fox, directed by Irene Starewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 11 April 2010 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 April
- Julia Tsenova: Bulgarian composer and musician (Born 1948).
- Aftermath of 2010 Polish Air Force Tu-154 crash:
- The body of President Lech Kaczyński, who was killed in yesterday's plane crash just north of Smolensk, Russia, is flown back to Poland. (''Toronto Star'')
- Concerts and football matches are cancelled, while cinemas, theatres, restaurants and shopping malls close their doors. (''The Guardian'')
- The President is processed through the streets and lies in state in the Presidential Palace, Warsaw. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- Tens of thousands of Poles line the streets of Warsaw to witness the event. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A two minute silence is observed across Poland in memory of the victims. (RTÉ)
- 10 million Polish Americans mourn their loss in several cities across the country. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Polish British mourn one of their priests, Monsignor Bronislaw Gostomski, who died in the crash. (''The Atlanta Journal-Constitution'')
- 1 million Polish Canadians begin a week of mourning. (CBC)
- Airstrikes kill 10 militants in northwestern Pakistan as part of a military operation that has eliminated more than 300 fighters in the last three weeks. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- Pakistani troops with helicopters bomb 13 militants to death and wound several others. (Press TV)
- Iran announces its decision to file a formal complaint with the United Nations against the United States, citing Barack Obama's threat to use a ampquotnuclear attackampquot against it as a ampquotthreat to global peace and securityampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Iraq's election seeks a recount in five provinces after up to 750,000 votes are ampquottainted by fraudampquot. (Reuters)
- Sudan hosts its first general elections in 24 years. (''Arab News'')
- A 6.8 magnitude earthquake strikes the southern Solomon Islands, 97nbspkm southwest of Kirakira on Makira Island. (TVNZ)
- Israel is set to impose a military order, which ten human rights groups fear could see thousands of Palestinians deported from the West Bank if they do not have a residency permit. (''The Jordan Times'')
- The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP) asks China to pressure Israel to have its nuclear sites inspected during the forthcoming international nuclear conference, saying ampquotworld silence on the issue of the Israeli nuclear capabilities is creating tension in the region, especially with the relentless international focus on Iran and North Koreaampquot. (Brunei News)
- Kyrgyzstan's interim government considers arresting and charging President Kurmanbek Bakiyev for the deaths of 81 people in riots earlier this week. (Xinhua)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?