Saturday 10 April 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Story of the Fox, directed by Irene Starewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching We Are with the Band.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Akatsuki no Amaneka to Aoi Kyojin or DJMAX Portable Hot Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 10 April 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 April
- Passengers in the 2010 Polish Air Force Tu-154 crash including: \ \ Ryszard Kaczorowski, Polish statesman (Born 1919)\ Maria Kaczynska, First Lady of Poland (b.
- Arthur Mercante: Sr.
- Dixie Carter: American actress whose primary medium was TV, appearing on five successive series, "On Our Own," 1977-1978, "Out of the Blue," 1979, "Filthy Rich," 1982-1983, "Diff'rent Strokes," 1984-1985 and "Designing Woman, " 1986.
- Polish Air Force Tu-154M crashes near Smolensk, Russia, killing all 96 people on board including President Lech Kaczynski.
- 2010 Polish Air Force Tu-154 crash:
- A Tu-154 from the 36th Special Aviation Regiment crashes while landing at military airport Severny in Smolensk Oblast, Russia 96 persons onboard are reported dead. Pilot error is seen as a possible cause of the crash. (lenta.ru ''Russian'')
- The plane was flying from Warsaw to mark the 70th anniversary of the Katyn massacre. (CBC)
- There are no survivors. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Lech Wałęsa calls it ampquotthe second disaster after Katyn ... They wanted to cut off our head there, and here the flower of our nation has also perishedampquot. (''The New York Times'')
- Leaders from around the world give their response to the tragedy. (''The Jakarta Post'')
- Nineteen people die after violence breaks out between government forces and protesters in Thailand. (India Blooms News Service)
- The Pakistani military kills 100 Taliban in the northwest of the country. (Time)
- A blast injures at least 19 people outside a prison in Ilam. (Al Jazeera)
- A spokesman for Pope Benedict XVI claims allegations that he deliberately delayed the punishment of a paedophile priest have been ampquottaken out of contextampquot. (RTÉ)
- Thousands of people attend funeral events in Kyrgyzstan for people killed during recent events. (CNEWS)
- The death toll in Wangjialing coal mine's flood in Shanxi rises to 28 after the recovery of another corpse. (''Shanghai Daily'')
- Thousands of people protest against public sector cuts in London. (BBC)
- The Shroud of Turin is displayed in public for the first time in 10 years. (''The Age'')
- ''Don't Push It'', ridden by jockey Tony McCoy, wins the 2010 Grand National at Aintree on McCoy's 15th attempt. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?