Wednesday 14 April 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Story of the Fox, directed by Irene Starewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 14 April 2010 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 April
- Peter Steele: Peter Steele was the lead singer, bassist, and composer for the gothic metal band Type O Negative.
- Nearly 2,700 are killed in a magnitude 6.9 earthquake in Yushu, Qinghai, China.
- Volcanic ash from one of several eruptions beneath Eyjafjallajökull, an ice cap in Iceland, begins to disrupt air traffic across northern and western Europe.ref name=quotNASInfoquot
- 2010 Yushu earthquake
- Rescue efforts are difficult due to the isolated location of the earthquake. (''LA Times'')
- At least 100 people are killed in India after a powerful storm demolished thousands of homes in West Bengal. (''BBC News'')
- Kyrgyzstan's interim leader Roza Otunbayeva says that President Kurmanbek Bakiyev must stand trial over riots last week. (Al Jazeera)
- It is reported that U.S. President Barack Obama on Thursday will unveil a ampquotbold and daringampquot new space mission to send astronauts to Mars months after he controversially scrapped a project to return to the Moon. (''The Telegraph'')
- Neil Armstrong and other former astronauts release harsh criticism of the president's recent cuts to NASA. (''Fox News'')
- Tokelau outlaws whaling within its territorial waters. (RNZI)
- For the first time in decades, researchers report a significant drop worldwide in the number of women dying each year from pregnancy and childbirth, to about 342,900 in 2008 from 526,300 in 1980. (The New York Times)
- A cargo aircraft crashes on take-off from General Mariano Escobedo International Airport, Monterrey, Mexico, killing five crew members and one person in a car on the ground. (Aviation Safety Network)
- Australia arrests the captain and chief officer of a Chinese ship that ran aground on the Great Barrier Reef, damaging three kilometres of coral reef and leaking tonnes of oil. (''Economic Times'')
- Apple delays the international launch of its iPad computer for a month, blaming ampquotsurprisingly strong US demandampquot that has outstripped its ability to produce them. (The Guardian)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 April 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?