It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
directed by Leo Esakya
starring: Zaqaria Berishvili, Arkadi Khintibidze, Aleksandr Gromov
- The Royal Family of Broadway
directed by George Cukor
starring: Ina Claire, Fredric March, Henrietta Crosman
- The Blue Angel
directed by Josef von Sternberg
starring: Emil Jannings, Marlene Dietrich, Kurt Gerron
directed by Alfred Hitchcock
starring: Herbert Marshall, Norah Baring, Phyllis Konstam
- Just Imagine
directed by David Butler
starring: El Brendel, Maureen O'Sullivan, John Garrick
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Tuesday, 23 December 1930 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Famous People born
Barbara Ruick in Pasadena
- Bette Davis arrives in Hollywood under contract to Universal Studios
- Police Bureau of Criminal Alien Investigation started in New York City, New York.
: California, USA; actress (Apache War Smoke, T? Para Mi).
Famous People died
Johannes H Been
: Brielle archivist, dies at 71
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
by Edna Ferber
Restless Yancey Cravat, a pioneer newspaper editor and lawyer, settles in Osage, a muddy town thrown together overnight when the Oklahoma territory opens in 1889. To this place he brings his wife Sabra, a woman both conventional and well-bred.
The Woman of Andros
by Thornton Wilder
1930. American writer and playwright, he is best known for the Pulitzer Prize awarded his play Our Town in 1938. His second novel, The Bridge of San Luis Rey won the Pulitzer Prize in 1928.
Years of Grace
by Margaret Ayers Barnes
Book annotation not available for this title.Title: Years of GraceAuthor: Barnes, Margaret AyerPublisher: Cherokee PubPublication Date: 1990/09/01Number of Pages: Binding Type: HARDCOVERLibrary of Congress: 90045838
Tell the world why Tuesday, 23 December 1930 is such a special date for you!