Friday 11 January 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Ritenour in Los Angeles and Ben Daniel Crenshaw in Austin.
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
Room for One More, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Joseph Schildkraut Presents.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1952 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Lee Ritenour in Los Angeles: California, USA; jazz musician.
- Ben Daniel Crenshaw in Austin: Texas, USA; PGA golfer (1974 Rookie of Year, 1976 Bing Crosby).
- Diana Gabaldon: American author.
- Ney Galvao: Brazilian noted fashion designer.
- Massimo Lopez: Italian actor, voice actor, comedian, impersonator and television presenter.
- Bille Brown: Australian actor and playwright (d. 2013)
- Ben Crenshaw: American golfer and architect
- Michael Forshaw: Australian lawyer and politician
- Lee Ritenour: American guitarist composer and producer
- Jean JM de Lattre de Tassigny: General (N-Africa / Indo-China), dies at 61.
- Jean de Lattre de Tassigny: French general, posthumous Marshal of France (Born 1889).
- Aureliano Pertile: Italian opera singer, born 15 days after Giovanni Martinelli in the same small town, both tenors who dominated the world of opera in the beginning of the 20th century.
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to Marianne Moore.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1952 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?