Saturday 19 January 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Bend of the River, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1952 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Dewey Bunell: Yorkshire, England -- Rock guitarist (America-Daisy Jane).
- Robledo Puch: Argentinean homicide; began a life of crime at about 19 that eventually included 14 murders, 50 robberies and several rapes.
- Martine Payfa: Belgian politician, engaged in local politics in the Brussels area for the FDF Fédéralistes Démocrates Francophones.
- NFL takes control of New York Yanks
- PGA approves allowing black participants.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?