Wednesday 2 January 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Westward the Women, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1952 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Paolo Hendel: Italian actor, playwright and comedian.
- Jimmy Santiago Baca: American poet and writer.
- Christine Lavin: American singer-songwriter.
- Ricky Van Shelton in Grit: Virginia, USA; country singer ("Wild-Eyed Dream").
- Jimmy Baca: American poet and author.
- Indulis Emsis: Latvian biologist and politician 9th Prime Minister of Latvia
- Robbie Ftorek: American ice hockey player and coach
- Wendy Phillips: American actress
- Graeme Strachan: Australian singer-songwriter (Skyhooks) (d. 2001)
- Wendy Phillips in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Stacey - Executive Suite, Promised Land).
- Andrew Lee: American criminal, a spy and traitor. Boyhood friends with Chris Boyce, together in 1975-1976, they sold stolen documents to Soviet Agents in Mexico City for $70,000. They used the money to finance a small-time drug trade between Mexico and California. In April 1977, they were both convicted of treason and received a life sentence in Lompoc Federal prison.
- Pal Joey opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 542 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Blue Tango - Leroy Anderson & His Pops Concert Orchestra
- Paul Weston & His Orchestra - Charmaine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 January 1952 and get them!