Sunday 27 January 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Bend of the River, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1952 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Billy Johnson: American baseball player (Born 1918).
- Tam O'Shaughnessy: American tennis player psychologist and academic.
- Brian Gottfried in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; tennis star (Wimbledon Doubles 1976).
- Jacques Nikonoff: French civil servant, a founding member of the Marc-Bloch Foundation and the association ATTAC (Association pour la Taxation des Transactions financières et pour l'Action Citoyenne) (English: Association for the Taxation of financial Transactions and Citizen's Action), an activist organization originally created for promoting the establishment of a tax on foreign exchange transactions.
- Peter Garland: Composer.
- ''White Shoes'' Johnson: American football player
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1952 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Ray & Four Lads - Please, Mr. Sun
- Johnnie Ray & Four Lads - Here Am I - Broken Hearted
- A Kiss To Build A Dream On - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 January 1952 and get them!