Saturday 11 May 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Anson and Frances McEvoy.
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1929!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1929 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Edward Anson: British Vice-Admiral.
- Frances McEvoy: American professional astrologer who writes skilled columns for NCGR journals and is a board member of the organization, as well as the president of its Boston chapter.
- Jozef Murgas: Slovak inventor (Born 1864).
- 1st regularly scheduled TV broadcasts (3 nights per week)
- Dr Annie Webb Blanton forms Delta Kappa Gamma Society in Austin, Texas
- First regularly scheduled TV broadcasts (3 nights per week).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?