Tuesday 11 December 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Babes in Toyland, directed by Gus Meins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1934 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Ron Carey: Newark, New Jersey -- Actor (Barney Miller, Montefuscos, High Anxiety).
- Ron Carey in Newark: New Jersey, USA; actor (Barney Miller, Montefuscos, High Anxiety).
- 1st Toronto Maple Leaf penalty shot, Conacher unsuccessful vs. Rangers
- NL votes to permit night baseball (up to 7 games per home team)
- 1935 All-Star Game is assigned to Cleveland, Ohio.
- Bill Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, takes his last drink and enters treatment for the last time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?