Friday 12 February 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1954 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Joseph Jordania: Georgian-Australian musicologist and academic.
- Tzimis Panousis: Greek musician and stand-up comedian.
- Phil Zimmermann: American programmer created Pretty Good Privacy.
- Philip Zimmermann: American cryptographer.
- Dziga Vertov [Kaufman]: Russian director (3 Songs of Lenin), dies at 58.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 February 1954 and get them!