Friday 4 January 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Powell and Armin Zoggeler.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How to Survive a Marriage.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rebound or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1974 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Carl Powell: defensive end (Indianapolis Colts).
- Armin Zoggeler: Italian luger.
- Armin Zoegeler: Italian skier in the International Olympic games in Nagano, Japan February 1998, winner of a silver medal.
- Danilo Hondo: German cyclist.
- Sjur Miljeteig: Norwegian trumpet player and composer.
- Nixon refuses to hand over tapes subpoenaed by Watergate Committee
- United States President Richard Nixon refuses to hand over materials subpoenaed by the Senate Watergate Committee.
- US President Richard Nixon refuses to hand over tapes subpoenaed by Watergate Committee.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?