Thursday 3 January 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stefan Ustorf in Kaufbeuren and Todd Warriner in Blenheim.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How to Survive a Marriage.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1974 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Stefan Ustorf in Kaufbeuren: Germany; NHL right wing (Washington Capitals).
- Todd Warriner in Blenheim: Ontario, Canada; NHL left wing (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Robert-Jan Derksen: Dutch golfer.
- Alessandro Petacchi: Italian cyclist.
- Gino Cervi: Italian actor of both stage and screen.
- Arias Navarro succeeds Carrero Blanco as premier of Spain.
- Burma accepts its constitution.
- Gold hits record US$121.25 an ounce in London, England.
- New York Yankees sign Bill Virdon as manager.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?