Thursday 12 June 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Big House, directed by George Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1930 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Jim Nabors in Sylacauga: Alabama, USA; actor/singer (Gomer Pyle).
- Mario Monti: Italy sport Champion.
- Donald Byrne: American chess player (d. 1976).
- Innes Ireland: Scottish race car driver and engineer (d. 1993).
- Jim Nabors: TV Actor.
- 34th US Golf Open: Bobby Jones shoots a 287 at Interlachen Country Club - Minnesota
- Heavyweight Max Schmeling KOs Jack Sharkey in New York City
- Max Schmeling beats Jack Sharkey on a foul in 4 for hw boxing title
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?