Monday 12 March 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
21 Jump Street, directed by Phil Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Banking Bad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Labyrinth no Kanata or Dance Central 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 12 March 2012 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 March
- Around 100 people are killed in ethnic clashes and cattle raids in South Sudan. (BBC)
- Gaza-Israel clashes continue as Palestinian militants fire more Qassam rockets into Israel overnight. 2 people are killed, including a militant, and 25 are injured during Israeli Air Force strikes on the Gaza Strip. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- At least 45 people including children are killed in a massacre by the Syrian army in Homs, amongst an ongoing uprising. (CNN)
- The bodies of 70 ethnic Somali and Oromo people are discovered near the Yemeni-Saudi Arabian border. (IRIN)
- The People's Republic of China records its highest trade deficit in over a decade, indicating a slowing economy. (Reuters)
- India's Kingfisher Airlines cancels at least 40 flights due to pilots not turning up for work due to unpaid salaries. (''Times of India'')
- A new section of high-speed railway that had undergone test runs collapses near Qianjiang, China. (''New York Times'')
- Over 45 people are trapped by avalanches in the remote Afghan villages of Poshan and Ghadoor in Nuristan province. (AP via ''Wall Street Journal'')
- United States Census Bureau - World Population Clock: ampquot7 Billionampquot people in the World already. (USCB)
- The Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel arrives in Afghanistan for an unannounced visit to Bundeswehr troops. (Deutsche Welle)
- The Taliban vows revenge for yesterday's massacre carried out by a United States Army soldier, in which 16 people were killed, 9 of them children. (AFP via NDTV)
- The Pentagon rejects a demand by the National Assembly of Afghanistan that the soldier responsible be publicly tried. (ABC News)
- Belgium asks the International Court of Justice to order Senegal to put former Chadian President Hissène Habré on trial or to extradite him on charges of torture and crimes against humanity. (IOL)
- A scuffle breaks out at the United Nations Human Rights Council after a North Korean diplomat said a U.N. report on the human rights situation in the country had been ampquotfabricatedampquot. (Zee News India)
- Robbers kill at least 9 people and injure 14 in a jewelry heist in East Baghdad, Iraq. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rules that a 22 year sentence given to Ahmed Ressam for attempting to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport as part of the 2000 millennium attack plots was too light. (Reuters)
- Sri Lanka orders media outlets to get prior approval before sending mobile phone alerts about the military or police. (''Straits Times'')
- Tens of thousands of people demonstrate in Dhaka, Bangladesh, demanding the government step down and hold elections. (Al Jazeera)
- In American football, the NCAA imposes a penalty on the North Carolina Tar Heels football of loss of post-season play for next season and loss of scholarships for code violations. (''USA Today'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?