Tuesday 13 December 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The Sand Pebbles, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1966 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Ross Burden: New Zealand-English chef and author.
- Toby Dammit: American drummer composer and producer.
- Don Roff: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Mike Tirico: American sportscaster.
- Nicolas Skourias: French plane crash survivor, he was a passenger on board an Air Inter Company Airbus 320 flying from Lyon to Strasbourg.
- Charles Watts: Actor (Lone Ranger & Lost City of Gold), dies of cancer.
- 1st battle for Bijlmer flats Amsterdam
- 1st US bombing of Hanoi
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Test debut of Clive Lloyd, versus India Bombay, 82 and 78.
- First US bombing of Hanoi, Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- Stevie Wonder - A Place In The Sun
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?