Sunday 18 December 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patricia Neder in Wauykesha and Aaron Jones.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Prix, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1966 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Patricia Neder in Wauykesha: Wisconsin, USA; team handball right wing (Olympics-1992, 1996).
- Aaron Jones: NFL defensive end (New England Patriots).
- Terry Phelps in Larchmont: New York, USA; tennis star.
- Steve Dullaghan rocker (Primitives-Lovely: Lump of Coal).
- Gianluca Pagliuca: Italian soccer/football player, a goalkeeper who has played for Sampdoria (1987–1994), Internazionale (1994–1999), Bologna (1999–2006), and Ascoli (2006–2007).
- Espectrito : Mexican wrestler (d. 2016)
- Makiko Esumi: Japanese actress and singer
- Mille Petrozza: German singer-songwriter and guitarist (Kreator and Voodoocult)
- Gene Gauntier: Dies in Cuernavaca Mexico.
- Saturn's moon Epimetheus is discovered by Richard L. Walker.
- ''How the Grinch Stole Christmas'', narrated by Boris Karloff, is shown for the first time on CBS, becoming an annual Christmas tradition.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- Stevie Wonder - A Place In The Sun
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?