Monday 13 January 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Penelope Ann Miller in Los Angeles and Bill Bailey.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Mr. Limpet, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Tenkes kapitánya.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1964 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Penelope Ann Miller in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Kindergarden Cop, Gwen - Popcorn Kids).
- Bill Bailey: British comedian.
- Ronan Rafferty: Northern Irish golfer.
- Penelope Miller: Movie Actress.
- Karol Wojtyla, the future Pope John Paul II, is appointed archbishop of Krakow, Poland.
- Anti-Muslim riots break out in Calcutta : resulting in 100 deaths.
- In Manchester, New Hampshire, 14-year-old Pamela Mason is murdered. Edward Coolidge is tried and convicted of the crime, but the conviction is set aside by the landmark Fourth Amendment Case quotCoolidge vs. New Hampshire (1971).quot
- ''Hello, Dolly!'' opens in New York City's St. James Theatre.
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the earth, resigns from the space program.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Shirley Ellis - The Nitty Gritty
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- Jan & Dean - Drag City
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?