Tuesday 14 August 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yoichiro Morikawa and Jeremie Brechet.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Good Times by Chic.
In UK I Don't Like Mondays by The Boomtown Rats was in the top 5 hits.
Life of Brian, directed by Terry Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Sophie'S Choice by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carol Burnett & Company.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cutie Q or Dungeon of Death.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1979!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1979 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Yoichiro Morikawa: Japanese film director.
- Jeremie Brechet: French footballer (soccer player) who currently plays for Ligue 2 club Gazélec Ajaccio.
- Tony Meilhon: French murderer, he killed Laëtitia Perrais in the night of 18 to 19 January 2011.
- Jérémie Bréchet: French footballer.
- Paul Burgess: Australian pole vaulter.
- Yōichirō Morikawa: Japanese actor director and screenwriter
- Rainbow seen in Northern Wales for a three hour duration.
- A freak storm during the Fastnet Race results in the death of 15 sailors.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 August 1979
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chic - Good Times
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Barbra Streisand - The Main Event & Fight
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Dr. Hook - When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Raydio - You Can't Change That
- Elton John - Mama Can't Buy You Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?