Friday 14 December 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Return To Sender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
L'eclisse, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1962!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1962 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Cendrine Dominguez: French model, she became a TV presenter, hosting the game "Fort Boyard" with Patrice Laffont (France 2 national channel).
- Ginger Lynn: American model and actress.
- Yvonne Ryding: Swedish beauty queen, voted Miss Universe in 1984.
- Ginger Lynn (Ginger Lynn Allen): American adult film actress.
- Chris Dahlquist: Fridley -- NHL defenseman (Ottawa Senators).
- Mariner 2 launched; makes first US visit to another planet (Venus).
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- NASA's Mariner 2 becomes the first spacecraft to fly by Venus.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- The Orlons - Don't Hang Up
- The Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull (El Solo Torro)
- Dee Dee Sharp - Ride
- Esther Phillips Little Esther - Release Me
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?