Friday 8 February 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raleigh McKenzie NFL center/guard (Philadelphia Eagles and Bruno Cornillet.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Hey Paula by Paul and Paula.
In UK The Next Time / Bachelor Boy by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Raven, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1963!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1963 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Raleigh McKenzie NFL center/guard (Philadelphia Eagles: San Diego Chargers).
- Bruno Cornillet: French road bicycle racer, who competed professionally from 1984 to 1995.
- Mohammad Azharuddin: Indian cricketer and politician.
- Joshua Kadison: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- 1st transmission of Clandestine Voice of Iraqi People (Communist)
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Travel, financial and commercial transactions by United States citizens to Cuba are made illegal by the John F. Kennedy administration.
- The regime of Prime Minister of Iraq, Brigadier General Abdul-Karim Qassem is overthrown by the Ba'ath Party.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 February 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul and Paula - Hey Paula
- The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In
- Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes
- Johnny Thunder - Loop De Loop
- The Drifters - Up On The Roof
- The 4 Seasons - Walk Like A Man
- Dion - Ruby Baby
- The Miracles - You've Really Got A Hold On Me
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?