Friday 1 February 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Walk Right In by The Rooftop Singers.
In UK The Next Time / Bachelor Boy by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Raven, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1963!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1963 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
Famous Birthdays:01 February
- Fleetwood Lindley: the last living person to see Abraham Lincoln's face (Born 1888).
- Nyasaland (later Malawi) becomes self-governing under Hastings Banda.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul and Paula - Hey Paula
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In
- Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes
- The Exciters - Tell Him
- Johnny Thunder - Loop De Loop
- The Drifters - Up On The Roof
- Paul Petersen - My Dad
- Rick Nelson - It's Up To You
- Mary Wells - Two Lovers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 February 1963 and get them!