Monday 14 July 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Cross [St John] and Eric Laneuville in New Orleans.
Don't Bother to Knock, directed by Roy Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masquerade Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1952 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Chris Cross [St John]: Rock singer (Arthur).
- Eric Laneuville in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Larry - Room 222, St. Elsewhere).
- George Louis Francis Lewis: Composer.
- Stan Shaw: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Mississippi, Roots Next Generation).
- Jerry Houser in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Slapshot, Summer of '42, Class of '44).
- Stan Shaw in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Mississippi, Roots Next Generation).
- Bob Casale (''Bob 2''): American guitarist (Devo)
- Giovanni Domenico: Italian terrorist, nick named Gioele, member of the group Democrazia Proletaria and involved in the murder of Sergio Ramelli on 29 April 1975. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison for another crime.
- Jean-Paul James: French Catholic clergyman, the Bishop of Beauvais in 2003 and Nantes since 2009.
- Jerry Houser: Los Angeles Actor
- Bob Casale: American guitarist keyboard player and producer (Devo) (d. 2014)
- Franklin Graham: American evangelist and missionary
- Eric Laneuville: American actor director and producer
- Yutaka Mizutani: Japanese actor and singer
- Joel Silver: South Orange, New Jersey -- Producer (Warriors, Xanadu, Die Hard)
- SS United States crosses Atlantic in 84:12 (record westward)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?