Sunday 14 July 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scot Breithaupt .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Pride and the Passion, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gay Cavalier.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1957 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Scot Breithaupt: American motorcycle racer (d. 2015).
- Soviet steamer Eshghbad sinks in Caspian Sea, drowning 270
- Rawya Ateya takes her seat in the National Assembly of Egypt, thereby becoming the first female parliamentarian in the Arab world.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Andy Williams - I Like Your Kind Of Love
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?