Monday 8 July 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mimie Mathy and Christophe Roger-Vasselin.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Pride and the Passion, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gay Cavalier.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1957 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Mimie Mathy: French dwarf actress seen with Andy Garcia in a Jerry Schatzberg film.
- Christophe Roger-Vasselin: French tennis player notably known for defeating Jimmy Connors during the 1983 French open (quarter-final).
- Carlos Cavazo: Mexican-American guitarist and songwriter (Quiet Riot and Ratt).
- Aleksandr Gurnov: Russian television personality.
- Baeball Owners re-elect Commissioner Ford Frick
- CDC incorporates
- Irish Premier Eamon de Valera arrests Sinn-Fein leaders
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Andy Williams - I Like Your Kind Of Love
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?