Tuesday 30 July 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Angels, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1957 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Bert Oosterbosch: Dutch bicyclist.
- Mark Tymchyshyn: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Actor (Gavin-As The World Turns).
- Rat Scabies [Chris Miller]: Surrey, England -- Rock drummer (Damned).
- Antonio Adamo: Italian director and cinematographer.
- Bill Cartwright: Basketball player (NY Knicks, Chicago Bulls).
- Clint Hurdle: American baseball player and manager
- Nery Pumpido: Argentinian footballer coach and manager
- Leon Walls: American singer songwriter and guitarist
- Sem Dresden: Dutch Composer / conductor, dies at 76.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?