Thursday 18 July 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Night Passage, directed by James Neilson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1957 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Nicholas Alexander Faldo: England, United Kingdom -- PGA golfer (1992 British Open).
- Nick Faldo: British golfer, 6' 3" winner of five major tournaments: the British Open, 1987, 1990, 1992 and the Masters in 1989 and 1990.
- Sir Nick Faldo: English golfer.
- Keith Levene: English guitarist songwriter and producer (Public Image Ltd The Flowers of Romance and The Clash).
- Alexander Titov: Russian bass player (Aquarium and Kino).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?