Wednesday 31 July 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Irina Nazariva and Victoria E Cooke.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Angels, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Paar Tonight Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1957 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Irina Nazariva: USSR -- 4 X 400m relay (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Victoria E Cooke: Hollywood, California -- Playmate (Aug, 1980).
- Dirk Blocker in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Baa Baa Black Sheep, Ryan's Four).
- Lida Baday: Canadian fashion designer with an international reputation.
- Daniel Ash: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Bauhaus Love and Rockets and Tones on Tail).
- Jane Bennett: American sociologist theorist and academic
- Dirk Blocker: American actor
- Leon Durham: American baseball player and actor
- Shan Goshorn: American photographer
- Mark Thompson: English businessman
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 July 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?